Medication in School

It is preferable that parents or an adult nominated by the parent administer medicine to their children.

However, this might not be practicable if, for example, the child’s home is a considerable distance from the school or his/her parents are working or the medication is a regular long-term requirement.  In such a case it is likely that a request could be made for prescribed medicine to be administered to the child in school.

Should your child need prescribed medicine to be administered at school then a medication form must be completed and handed with  the medicine, by an adult, to the school office. This form can be downloaded at the bottom of the page

Care Plans

For children with long term illnesses a care plan will be written by parents, school staff and our school nurse.  This helps staff to ensure that all children are kept safe and receive the care they need.  If your child has an illness that may require long term medical intervention please let the office know.

Request for Medication to be Administered in school

We are proud to be a part of SUA Trust

SUAT supports and leads in the set-up of new academies joining the partnership. The services provided by the central support function cover both educational and non-educational support. In terms of educational support, SUAT is linked to the School of Education of Staffordshire University, which is an outstanding ITT provider.